½ cup of tightly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup of honey
1 tbl spoon Dijon mustard
- Stir the ingredients in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.*
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Use a large baking dish and place 2 layers of non-stick baking paper on top. Remove all other oven shelves.
- Cut around the shank of each ham, about 10 cm from the end. Run a knife under the rind around edge of each ham. Gently lift the rind off in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat.
- Slice the fat in a diamond pattern. Stud the diamonds with cloves.
- Brush one-third of the glaze over each ham. Bake, brushing with glaze every 25 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes.