March 31, 2017/
4 lean pork loin or scotch fillet steaks
1 tablespoon oil
Salt & pepper
2 French shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 rashers bacon, sliced
100g mushrooms sliced
½ cup red wine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup cooking cream
roasted chat potatoes
buttered green beans & asparagus
toasted almonds to garnish
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Brush the pork scotch fillet steak with a little oil and season with salt & pepper.
2. Pre-heat the griddle pan for 1 -2 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a medium pan and sauté the shallots, garlic, bacon over a medium heat for 2 -3 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the red wine, worcestershire sauce and chicken stock over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced by half.
6. Finally stir in the cooking cream until sauce is smooth and creamy. Season to taste.
7. Arrange the pork scotch fillet steak on a serving platter and accompany with prepared vegetables. Drizzle steak with kilpatrick sauce. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Recipe Courtesy of Australian Pork