4 x 150g lean pork fillet medallions, 2cm thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
150g rocket leaves, washed
2 small ripe pears, thinly sliced
½ lemon, juiced
1 small bulb of fennel, finely shaved
¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
½ lemon, zested & juiced
1 tablespoon seeded mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons ver juice or malt vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Cooking Instructions:
1. Brush the pork fillet medallions with a little oil and season with salt & pepper.
2. Pre-heat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Place the pork medallions on the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
4. Combine the prepared salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly to combine.
5. Place the dressing ingredients into a large jar and shake well to combine.
6. Dress salad just prior to serving with juicy pork medallions. Garnish with lemon or extra almonds.
Notes: Pork fillet medallions may be replaced with pork loin steaks, pork leg steaks or pork fillet medallions.
Recipe Courtesy of Australian Pork